Thursday, December 31, 2009

First Day of 2010

Good day 2010!!!!!
=)

My new year eve was a good one. No hassle, no crowds, no police, no jam. What can be better than watching fireworks and enjoying the breeze at the balcony with loved one? I don't have a full view of the ever-amazing fireworks, but having surrounded by all fireworks from different locations in the city was just awesome. I can hear screaming of joy of celebration, I saw many people at the balcony too, I heard laughter....... the atmosphere was just great to step into a new year. =)

Today, newspaper is full of photos of fireworks and celebrations in different regions of the world. There're also many parts of the newspaper writing about people's wishes and new year resolutions. There're a few that I deemed meaningful enough to be included in this page of my blog.

~German writer and playwright Carl Zuckmeyer :" Half of life is luck; the other half is discipline- and that's the important half, for without discipline you wouldn't know what to do with luck."

~Young Millionaire Ray Ling:" Most of the time, successful people aren't the cleverest people, but they are the ones who carry through everything to the end. They never give up. They believe that the rain will stop, and the sun will rise and a better tomorrow will come."

~Petronas's wishing page:-

Some people hate
Some people love

Some people are procrastinators
Some people act now

Some people love to point fingers
Some people love to extend their hands

Some people question every answer
Some people have an answer to every question

Some people hate to lose an argument
Some people love to win hearts

Some people want a change
Some people want to be the change

Some people are blind except to their own color
Some people are color blind

Some people are proud to belong to their race
Some people take pride in belonging to the human race

This New Year, it is not about who is perfect and who is not. It is about sharing One Legacy, One Destiny, 1Malaysia. Because to build a great nation we must all learn to see perfections in the imperfections.

Key point: See perfections in the imperfections**

This is a special one:-

Colimnist and TV personality Xandria Ooi: My resolution is to continue my recently acquired habit of waking up early so that I can get more things done during the day." (Her fiancee reads books on successful people and found out their common trait is waking up early every day)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A self-reflection:

In this new year, I realized that nothing matters more than, nothing can satisfy me more than, nothing is more important than, nothing can make me happy more than, the happiness of people I love. As long as all my family members are good, as long as all my friends are doing well, I am one happy one.


Wonderful 2010, people!!

~xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment