Monday, June 22, 2009

Beware of Scam

Beware of scam people! There are so many scams online nowadays. Once you post something up for sale, you will immediately receive a lot of replies from people everywhere in the world giving you all kinds of reasons of buying, and requiring you to send the way they want you to. The common part is, they will always offer a lot more money than the price you set claiming for the shipping. Facebook, Craigslist, ebay, etc. Scams are everywhere. Ignore those buyers from facebook that contacted you with no profile picture and asking you to contact them through another email addresses. There are a lot of the replied emails which looked almost the same in the content (they are automatically generated), and they are scams. The lady working at the post office just told me today that Nigeria has the most scams. They don't even want to ship the item for you if you tell them that you are shipping this thing to Nigeria for sale. Insane!!

I personally encountered this before. I was selling a book for a little over a hundred dollars, and there was this guy who wanted to buy from me .He wanted me to send the book to UK using his own shipping carrier, and he claimed that he is going to pay me extra to thank me for my effort. He told me that he is going to send over two thousand dollars for me to ship and required me to wire the extra money back to him using Western Union, minus the 'commission' I'll get for being nice. I was very doubtful in the beginning and I asked for the check first before I can ship. I told him I need to receive the check and deposit the check first before I can wire the extra money back to him as I don't have that much of money in my bank account. He sent me emails everyday telling me his carrier is waiting for my shipment and I NEED TO DO IT IMMEDIATELY! I do not care, and when I actually received the check, I brought it to the bank and told the bank manager about the whole situation. She chenked for me and found out that the router number is invalid. It's an INVALID check. The bank also advised me to make a report to the police (which I did not do to avoid troubles). I was so pissed and I replied the guy for the last email, fulled with cursings and words that I don't even know when and where I leart from.

Well, I haven't fall into any online traps so far of my online tradings, but I am really annoyed by all these scams. Online world is getting so ugly. Urgg...

Good things of today are, I finally received my camera, my VS purchase, and my twilight book 4. Also, I just leart backstroke today. I'm improving!!! *one cheer to life*

Life is good!!! :)...



~xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment